Crime Wave by Illegal Immigrants in Texas
America faces colossal problems from its open southern border. The problems are insurmountable unless America’s southern border is secured and a plan is devised to deport legal immigrants who have overstayed their visas, and illegal immigrants who crossed into America undetected.
The problems related to immigration have increased under the Obama administration because of Obama’s unwillingness to secure the southern border and deport illegal immigrants, including criminals. Ground zero of the border crisis is in Texas. The illegal immigrants that have settled in Texas have wreaked havoc on the people of Texas. According to a report PJ Media obtained from the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS), the illegal immigrants who have invaded the U.S. are straining the judicial system and prison system in Texas.
The TXDPS report obtained by PJ Media is a report on human smuggling that contains the number of crimes committed by illegal immigrants in Texas. According to the report, illegal immigrants committed 611,234 unique crimes in Texas from 2008 to 2014, including thousands of serious offenses such as murder, rape, and sexual assault. From October 2008 to April 2014, TXDPS through the Secure Communities initiative identified 177,588 unique, illegal immigrant defendants booked into county jails. The parameters of the Secure Communities initiative only identifies illegal immigrant criminals who were previously fingerprinted. When you take into account the fact that the report doesn’t include illegal immigrants who have never been fingerprinted, the only conclusion you can arrive at is that the number of illegal immigrants committing crimes in Texas is astronomical.
The seriousness of the problems Texas faces because of illegal immigrants cannot be understated. The crimes perpetrated against people in Texas are heinous and sometimes result in the loss of life. The TXDPS routinely releases a summary of the “significant border incidents” that can be accessed on its website. The summary report is normally broken into the following categories: criminal aliens, home invasions, confrontations with law enforcement, and public corruption. The following is a summary of some of the crimes:
- July 15, 2014 – Parker County, TX – Illegal alien arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl. “According to reports, a 9-year-old girl was asleep on a couch in her home when she was awakened by a man groping her. The suspect is an illegal alien who had been deported four (4) times.”
- August 3, 2014 – Willacy County, TX – Off-duty Border Patrol agent fatally shot. “Two illegal alien Mexican nationals were arrested and charged with the murder of an off-duty Border Patrol agent, who was shot and killed while fishing with family members. The agent’s father was also wounded during the incident. The suspects had been arrested and deported multiple times, and were also charged with unlawful carrying of firearms, assault, and DWI, in addition to multiple illegal immigration violations.”
- July 5, 2014 – Edinburg, TX – Attempted home invasion leaves homeowner dead. “Officers responded to a residence in Edinburg, TX, in reference to a report of a suspicious person, which was later reclassified as an attempted home invasion and homicide. Deputies located the homeowner bleeding and unresponsive by the front door of his residence.”
- July 9, 2014 – Roma, TX – Gang member arrested following home invasion. “Following a report of a home invasion in Roma, TX, a green SUV was seen leaving the neighborhood and suspected of being involved. Soon after, a DPS Trooper pulled over a green SUV in Los Ebanos and positively identified the driver as the same person seen leaving the scene of the home invasion. The suspect is a confirmed Raza Unida gang member with an extensive criminal history.”
- June 17, 2014 – Mission, TX – Gulf Cartel associate attempts to block Trooper’s vehicle to protect drug load. “In coordination with U.S. Border Patrol, DPS Troopers engaged in a pursuit of a Nissan Sentra. During the pursuit, a Chevrolet Malibu attempted to block the Trooper. The Sentra was eventually stopped, and one suspect was arrested in possession of 359 pounds of marijuana. The investigation revealed that the marijuana belonged to the driver of the Malibu, a Gulf Cartel associate known as “C-2,” who has a history of alien and narcotics smuggling. “C-2″ and the passenger in the Malibu were both arrested.”